- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Clinical Perfusionist Job
Job Number: RIH13723
Job Title: Clinical Perfusionist
Department: Surgery Pump Team - 1013146
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
1. Graduation from an accredited school of perfusion technology with an Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
2. Current certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion or eligibility for certification by the ABCP within one year of hire date.
3. Demonstration of and maintenance of knowledge and skills necessary to provide care in extra corporeal circulation techniques to adult and pediatric patients as evaluated by the Chief of Cardiac Surgery and/or the Medical Director of Perfusion.
Requires three to five year’s of clinical perfusion experience before eligibility to take the oral and written exam for certification.
Under the direction of the attending cardiac and credentialed general surgeons, prepares, sets-up, and operates extra corporeal circulation devices to provide cardiopulmonary bypass support to adult and pediatric patients during cardiac, major vascular or trauma surgery. While patient is undergoing extra corporeal circulatory support, obtains and interprets relevant laboratory tests, maintains appropriate fluid volume status with crystalloid and/or blood transfusion to the circuit, and gives physician-directed medications. Makes technical adjustments as necessary to optimize the patient’s clinical status. Maintains cardiopulmonary bypass circuit platforms, cardioplegia pumps, heater/cooler machines, and related monitoring equipment in working order. Reports perfusion-related adverse patient outcomes to the Medical Director of Perfusion and assists in Quality Committee investigations and quality control programs. Operationally, perfusionists will report to the Administrative Director of Surgical Services.