- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Administrative Assistant Job
Job Number: RIH16703
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Rehabilitation Administration - 1013160
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- A minimum of one to two years experience is required including that period on-the-job to learn procedures specific to the department.
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- Up to one year specialized training including course work in correspondence typing, medical terminology and general business procedures.
- The ability to exercise considerable independent judgment in the performance of most daily duties.
- Proficient typing skills are required in order to prepare a variety of materials, some, such as grant proposals and manuscripts, requiring a precise format.
- Good knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling to correct and edit written materials; understanding of medical terminology is most often required.
- A high level of organizational skills to coordinate supervisor’s schedule and national conference arrangements, and to maintain complex records.
- Ability to perform analysis of numerical data involving the use of mathematical formulas as well as routine tabulation.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to effectively represent the supervisor in interaction with all levels of personnel within and outside the hospital.
- The ability to operate a variety of office equipment is required.
Provides high-level administrative support to Administrative Director of Lifespan Rehabilitation Services. Maintains departmental records including confidential information such as budget, payroll, patient and personnel data. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as calendar management.