- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Applications Analyst Job
Job Number: LCS17594
Job Title: Application Analyst
Department: Planning & Architecture - 0014925
Facility: Corporate Headquarters
Location: Providence, RI
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a work related field/discipline.
ITIL Certification required.
Experience in supporting and developing ITSM systems including training and support, knowledge of network hardware and systems
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required certifications is qualifying.
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification
Under the general supervision of the Service Desk Manager & Lead/Sr Analyst. Provides analysis and support in the deployment, optimization, and ongoing operation of the system including all interfaces necessary to assure a patient-centric, high value, widely accessible, comprehensive and seamlessly integrated information network that meets the identified state holders’ needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consistently applies the corporate values of respect, honesty and fairness and the constant pursuit of excellence in improving the health status of the people of the region through the provision of customer-friendly, geographically accessible and high-value services within the environment of a comprehensive integrated academic health system. Is responsible for knowing and acting in accordance with the principles of the Lifespan Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
· Works with Lead/Sr Analyst to perform all aspects of Service Management Administration, Design, Development and Implementation of Software solutions
· Provide advanced support for specific applications by troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes and root cause analysis etc.
· Load, manipulate and maintain data for specific applications.
· Works with Lead/Sr Analyst to analyze and fully understand user requirements and current procedures in order to improve system capabilities, automate process workflows and address scheduling limitations throughout the development and delivery for specific applications.
· Monitor health, usage and overall compliance for specific applications.
· Works with Lead/Sr Analyst to resolve application system problems, most often of complex nature.
· Works with Lead/SR Analyst to develop specifications for software applications; designs, tests, and documents software programs using standard methodologies. Tests and updates software products with new releases.
Works with Lead/SR Analyst in studying trends in information services to implement applications that increase efficiency in IS processes and provide opportunities for improvement.
· Work with Lead/Sr Analyst to conduct information flow analysis and feasibility studies and provides alternates and recommendations to address specific departmental needs for information and technology- based solutions.
· Works with Lead/SR Analyst to Deliver and evaluate training programs in support of successful system implementation and optimization, utilizing methods that meet or exceed established training standards
Demonstrated aptitude in the abilities required for system analysis as evidenced by successful completion of the vendor-provided screening test and certification process, the ability to function and communicate effectively as a member of a project team, and the interpersonal skills to elicit and convey details of business and clinical operations and workflow processes to assure the optimal adoption and utilization of the electronic health record system.
Familiar with object based programming
Familiar with KPI’s for Service Management
Ability to analyze data and spot and report on trends.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Think abstractly beyond basic data requirement. Communicate in a clear and concise manner, verbally and in writing. Communicate effectively and partner with senior level staff to determine business goals and objectives, and ways to partner in order to achieve those objectives. Exercise strong planning, organizing, and communication skills
Work independently and as a team. Work outside normal business hours as necessary to support production-sensitive projects.
Duties are generally procedural allowing incumbent to perform independently within established policies and procedures. Position requires independent thinking and action to resolve issues which effect patient care. Develops knowledge articles and job aids to assist physician users in self-service and independent problem solving.