- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Associate Medical Physicist Job
Job Number: RIH17570
Job Title: Associate Medical Physicist
Department: Radiation Oncology - 1013180
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- MS or PhD degree in physics or medical physics.
- Appropriate Board Certification.
- Qualifications sufficient for a faculty appointment at Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University at the faculty rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor.
- Interpersonal skills to teach and supervise students and to interact with other members of the professional and support staffs.
- Knowledge and skills to provide care to patients with consideration of the aging process, human development stages and cultural patterns at each step of the radiotherapy process.
Reports directly to Medical Physicist-in-Chief or Associate Chief Medical Physicist, Department of Radiation Oncology, for clinical practice and administrative duties and responsibilities. In collaboration with other professional and support staff: establishes adequate protocols to ensure accurate patient dosimetry; measures and characterizes radiation to determine delivered dose; consults with physicians regarding treatment planning; and develops, maintains and directs radiotherapy and radiosurgery quality assurance programs. Conducts and participates in departmental research and development projects and in teaching activities for residents and students. Division of workload will be approximately 75% clinical, 20% research and teaching and 5% administrative.