- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Behavioral Education Develoment Specialist Job
Job Number: EPB15863
Job Title: Behavioral Education Develoment Specialist
Department: Behavioral Education (DBE) - 1205253
Facility: Bradley Hospital
Location: East Providence, RI
- Master's Degree required with preferable clinical focus in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, etc.
- Current clinical license preferred (LCSW, LMHC, etc.).
- Three to five years experience working with children in a behavioral setting.
- Experience in implementing and conducting training programs in a large institutional/corporate setting preferable
- Data entry skills and PC experience required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with different levels of Hospital personnel
- Employees in this position work in a psychiatric setting under stressful conditions associated with care of psychiatrically impaired, aggressive, and sometimes, self-injurious individuals. Employees are expected to utilize de-escalation techniques taught by Bradley Hospital to minimize need for physical intervention. They must have the ability to remain calm during a crisis situation as evidenced by the ability to make quick rational decisions and prioritize immediate patient care needs to maintain a therapeutic environment and ensure safety.
- The Behavioral Ed Development Specialist reports to the Behavioral Education Development Specialist Supervisor.
- Under general supervision, participates in the needs assessments, development and delivery of competency based education, continuing education and training programs to enhance knowledge and skill of direct care staff throughout Lifespan and Behavioral Health Community.
- Conducts assessments to evaluate the need for specific training or educational interventions.
- Evaluates, recommends and coordinates the implementation of innovative care delivery practices, techniques and methods.
- Plans, implements, present and evaluate formal educational experiences within the Hospital and in the community.
- Collaborates with Clinical Managers to develop, implement and evaluate orientation, continuing education and preceptor programs.
- Supports the development, implementation and evaluation of patient/family specific patient-care practices.
- Participates in the selection, training and evaluation of instructors.
- Participates in the development of measures of direct care competencies.
- Develops, reviews and validates practice regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Participates in research studies.