- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Behavioral Education Development Specialist Job
Job Number: EPB10727
Job Title: Behavioral Education Development Specialist
Department: Behavioral Education (DBE) - 1205253
Facility: Bradley Hospital
Location: East Providence, RI
- Master's Degree with advanced licensure with formal sequence in Education is strongly preferred.
- Current Rhode Island teaching license preferred.
- Three to five years' experience working with children in a behavioral setting.
- Experience in implementing and conducting training programs in a large institutional/corporate setting for staff members -"Train the Trainor".
- Employees in this position work in a psychiatric setting under stressful conditions associated with care of psychiatrically impaired, aggressive, and sometimes, self-injurious individuals.
- Employees are expected to utilize de-escalation techniques taught by Bradley Hospital to minimize need for physical intervention.
This is a Part Time position - 17 hours/week
- The Behavioral Ed Development Specialist reports to the Director Behavioral Education and will participate in Training the Staff at Bradley Hospital. Will perform needs assessments, development and delivery of competency-based education, continuing education and training programs to enhance knowledge and skill of direct care staff.
- Participates in the development of new and revised curricula and associated training materials to support basic, continuing education and advanced training programs for direct care staff throughout Bradley Hospital.
- Conducts assessments to evaluate the need for specific training or educational interventions.
- Plans, implements, present and evaluate formal educational experiences within the Hospital and in the community.
- Collaborates with Clinical Managers to develop, implement and evaluate orientation, continuing education and preceptor programs.
- Supports development, implementation and evaluation of patient-care practices.
- Participates in the selection, training and evaluation of instructors.
- Develops, reviews and validates practice regulatory standards, policies and procedures.