- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Biomedical Technician Job
Job Number: RIH9300
Job Title: 40hrs/Days - Biomedical Equipment Tech II - Medical Engineering
Department: Medical Engineering - 1014427
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
1. Associate degree in electronics or equivalent technical schooling in addition to the technical repair knowledge and biomedical and electronic equipment maintenance experience, normally acquired through a formal two-year program in biomedical equipment repair.
2. High level of technical and analytical skills to troubleshoot and repair complex state-of-the art biomedical equipment and instrumentation.
3. Independent judgment to determine priorities, analyze problems and develop methods and procedures to meet unusual conditions, including resolution of emergency repairs for patient-connected life support systems.
4. Visual acuity and manual dexterity to inspect and repair equipment and devices, requiring use of small hand tools and testing equipment.
5. Interpersonal skills to interact with personnel both within and outside Hospital to gather and exchange information relating to biomedical equipment operation and clinical applications.
6. Basic knowledge of computer in order to, input and retrieve, inventory, parts, and service information on biomedical equipment.
7. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
8. Ability to keep accurate records.
9. Ability to write or print clearly.
1. At least three years experience repairing and maintaining a variety of the most sophisticated and complex state-of-the-art biomedical equipment and devices. Also, sufficient knowledge of the principles of cardiovascular physiology.
Maintenance and repair of medical equipment, may travel to RIH affiliated off-site clinics
Works under general supervision of the Supervisor of Medical Engineering. Cleans and prepares equipment for repair and inspection. Repairs and adjusts medical equipment in the Biomedical Lab. Performs safety inspections, performance verifications and preventative maintenance. Prepares and maintains departmental records. Identifies and determines solutions to equipment, clinical and other problems. Demonstrates and explains correct operation of equipment to medical personnel.