- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Clinical Dietitian Job
Job Number: RIH16293
Job Title: Clinical Dietitian
Department: Food & Nutrition Patient Care - 1014302
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
One to two years’ experience as a Clinical Dietitian preferred.
One to two years’ pediatric or diabetes experience desired.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition or a related concentration from a US Accredited College/University approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetic Education (CADE).
Completed CADE accredited supervised practice program and successfully passed national examination for Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association.
- License as a Dietitian/Nutritionist in the state of Rhode Island (must have within 6 months of hire). Proof of application for license to be submitted upon employment.
Maintenance of American Dietetic Association Registration through completion of 75 hours of continuing education every five years and Rhode Island LDN of 20 hours of continuing education every 2 years. Some of these hours should be spent in a pediatric specialty area.
- Membership preferred in the American Dietetic Association and relevant practice groups such as the Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group (PNPG).
Under the general supervision of the Pediatric Senior Dietitian and the Manager, Clinical Nutrition and in accordance with established policies, procedures and departmental standards of practice, provides nutritional care to hospitalized pediatric patients and outpatients throughout their lifespan with consideration of human developmental stages from birth to adolescence and early adulthood. Interviews patients and/or families, and reviews medical records in order to assess nutritional needs. Develops and implements individualized patient nutritional care plans. Documents patient assessment, reassessment, nutritional care plan, and patient progress in the medical record. Maintains kardex information including dates of documentation for all patients in assigned areas. Directs the activities of support personnel in the assigned work area as needed.