- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Clinical Dietitian Job
Job Number: RIH19033
Job Title: Clinical Dietitian
Department: Food & Nutrition Patient Care - 1014302
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
Under the general supervision of the Senior Dietitians and the manager of Clinical Nutrition and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and departmental standards of practice, provides nutritional care to hospital patients throughout their adult lifespan with consideration of aging processes and human developmental stages: Interviews patients and/or family members and reviews medical records in order to assess nutritional needs and assess to nutritional plans for approval by physician. Maintains own records of nutritional care plan and medical process of all patients in assigned areas and monitors patient intake. Documents patient nutritional plan and progress as necessary in the medical record. Direct the activities of support personnel in assigned work area, as needed.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition or a related area. A completion of a one-year Dietetic Internship or equivalent preparatory program. Must be American Dietetic Association Registered and licensed in the state of Rhode Island.
2. A thorough understanding of the application of principles of nutrition to human physiology and pediatric disease states. A thorough knowledge of the nutritional values of food and food groups.
3. The analytical ability to identify overt and potential nutritional problems. The ability to develop nutritional care programs.
4. The ability to communicate nutrition education through formal and informal channels.
5. The administrative ability to direct and coordinate the delivery of quality nutrition care assigned areas of responsibility.
6. Knowledge of the Cook Chill method of food preparation and the ability to demonstrate the correct use of all equipment found on nursing units (taught on the job).
7. Maintenance of American Dietetic Association Registration through completion of 75 hours of continuing education every five years.
One to two years of experience as a Clinical Dietitian, preferred.