- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Job Number: RIH12977
Job Title: Cook II
Department: Food & Nutrition Production - 1014301
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
1. Associates Degree in Culinary Arts preferred. Manager Certified in Food Safety License.
2. Work requires that ability to read, write, and speak English and perform mathematical calculations.
3. The ability to plan food preparation in order to ensure that menu items are properly prepared for their assigned menu.
4. The physical ability to work for long periods in a standing position and to lift moderate to heavy food supplies.
5. The ability to operate a variety of kitchen equipment efficiently and safely.
Minimum of six (6) years of extensive production experience in quantity food preparation (entrees, sauces, soups, etc.) or an Associates Degree in Culinary Arts with a minimum of one (1) year experience.
Under the general supervision of the Manager and Production Coordinator, according to established recipes and procedures, prepares, seasons, and cooks food for hospital patients and the cafeteria. Responsible for maintaining established standards of quality food production. Prepares main menu entrees, such as meats, sauces, gravies, and the like. Assists in cooking menu entrees, salads, cold plates, etc.