- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Director - Materials Management-Supply Chain Administration Job
Job Number: RIH17738
Job Title: Director, Materials Management/Supply Chain Administration
Department: Supply Chain Administration - 1014951
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
QUALIFICATIONS-EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required - Business, Health Administration or related field.
- Seven to ten years of experience with increasingly responsible experience related to Supply Chain
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a large department - Supervisory responsibility for up to100 FTEs
- Proven success in a complex health care system or industry where supply chain operations are centralized
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing and Supply Chain systems and programs, negotiating, communication and management skills.
Reports to the Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Clinical Service Lines and Facilities Development for Lifespan. Plans, coordinates, and directs Supply Chain Supply operations, consisting of Purchasing, Warehousing, Distribution and, Receiving/Shipping for all facilities within the Lifespan system. Plans, coordinates, and directs operations for Central Supply (CSD) at Rhode Island Hospital and OR Supply Chain at Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital. Ensures the effective and efficient purchase, receipt, storage and distribution of all supplies in accordance with established procedures within Lifespan including all affiliates under the guidance of the centralized supply chain program.
Employees are expected to embrace Lifespan’s mission of “Delivering health with care” and successfully role model Lifespan’s values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence as these guide our everyday actions with patients, customers and one another. Is Responsible for knowing and acting in accordance with the principles of the Lifespan Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
- Plans, coordinates, monitors, and oversees department activities to ensure effective Supply Chain operations to improve efficiency, productivity and cost containment. Formulate long-range goals, objectives and priorities required for the implementation of Supply Chain systems on a business partner and system-wide basis. Monitors and participates with professional and administrative department heads in long-range supply spend, capital equipment and project, and relevant department operation planning.
- Advises executive management of Supply Chain goals, strategies and concerns and serve on committees/teams as required. Formulates, recommends and implements business partner and system-wide Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Maintain proficiency and regulatory compliance for the central sterile department.
- Identify and lead large contracting initiatives for physician preference items.
- Provides Leadership direction and oversight to department management and staff to ensure effective operations. Provides work direction, assigns and schedules work, answers job related questions, and oversees on-the-job training. Completes performance evaluations and takes appropriate personnel actions. Reviews work of management and staff to ensure accurate and completeness. Interprets personnel and department policies and procedures. Enforces safety regulation for maximum protection of patients and employees.
- Conduct effective communication with business partner and system executives, physicians, clinicians, department heads, and staff of all the institutions within the system, outside agencies and appropriate others in order to ensure effective operations.
- Actively promote and support communication with suppliers and sales staffs, in order to negotiate prime supplier and other contracts for materials and services that provide benefit to Lifespan. Explains policies and procedures related to Supply Chain; provide instruction or guidance as necessary to ensure compliance
- Coordinates, through close collaboration with Information Services, the development and maintenance of information systems required to support all aspects of Supply Chain throughout the system including the elements utilized by the user community to initiate the acquisition process. Insures all source databases are current and accurate, training is provided when required, and accounting and control systems are maintained and function properly. Initiates and oversees the process of planning and deploying upgrades and enhancements in a manner that supports operations.
- Coordinates the system wide product standardization and value analysis process. Insures committees are formed and meetings are scheduled as required. Works with each committee/team to develop meeting agendas and establish meeting outcomes. Insures support information is provided by Supply Chain staff on a timely basis. Insures product and other evaluations are objectively completed and product changes/modification and rollouts are planned, communicated and executed appropriately.
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of quality control programs that enhance Supply Chain services and ensures the appropriate specifications, quantities and safety of products. Evaluates department programs and administrative systems. Makes recommendations for modifications that facilitate or improve operations.
- Stays abreast of national trends in supply chain management and adopts those relevant to Lifespan to advance the department.
- Compiles information related to department operations and prepares regular summaries and reports to submit to management. Prepares annual department operating and capital budgets for approval; monitors and reconciles expenditure of funds.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.