- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Job Number: RIH17219
Job Title: Dosimetrist
Department: Radiation Oncology - 1013180
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
•Bachelor’s degree in physics, plus completion of a one-year training program in Dosimetry or equivalent. Current, valid certification from the American Association of Medical Dosimetrists is preferred.
•Thorough knowledge of dosimetry and the field of medical radiation physics.
•Technical expertise to check and calibrate machinery.
•Analytical and advanced numerical skills to perform complex dosimetry and to evaluate and resolve discrepancies.
•Interpersonal skills to consult with other staff members.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
•One to two years on the job experience to become familiar with a variety of patient treatment plans and policies and procedures specific to the department.
Reporting to the Chief Radiotherapy Physicist, participates in treatment planning by performing clinical dosimetry and consulting with physicians, computer personnel and Radiation Therapists to develop, modify and verify treatment plans and programs.