- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Job Number: RIH15618
Job Title: Electrician
Department: Electricians - 1014421
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- Requires a High School diploma or graduation from a trade school or vocational school with courses in math.
- Requires courses in reading electricity information.
- The ability to read blueprints and plan modifications to electrical systems.
- The ability to troubleshoot electrical problems and find solutions to them.
- Requires completion of three to four years Apprenticeship program or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Possession of a valid Rhode Island Journeyman Electrician’s License.
- Requires knowledge of all current City, State and National Codes.
- Must know hospital codes governing the electrical maintenance and installation in the all hospital complexes.
- Under general supervision, performs routine and complex tasks related to the inspection, testing, repair, installation and modification of the Hospital’s electrical systems, equipment, fixtures and appliances.
- May direct the work of Apprentice and Journeymen Electricians.
- Ensures that all electrical systems and equipment meet all legal codes and hospital standards requirements.