- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Job Number: RIH16724
Job Title: Electrician
Department: Electricians - 1014421
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- Requires a High School diploma or graduation from a trade school or vocational school with courses in math.
- Requires courses in reading electricity information.
- The ability to read blueprints and plan modifications to electrical systems.
- The ability to troubleshoot electrical problems and find solutions to them
- Requires completion of three to four years Apprenticeship program or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Possession of a valid Rhode Island Journeyman Electrician’s License.
- Requires knowledge of all current City, State and National Codes.
- Must know hospital codes governing the electrical maintenance and installation in the all hospital complexes.
Under general supervision, performs routine and complex tasks related to the inspection, testing, repair, installation and modification of the Hospital’s electrical systems, equipment, fixtures and appliances. May direct the work of Apprentice and Journeymen Electricians. Ensures that all electrical systems and equipment meet all legal codes and hospital standards requirements.