- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Family Support Specialist Job
Job Number: GRA10710
Job Title: Family Support Specialist
Department: HRSA Award - 5353600
Facility: RI Autism Project, Inc.
Location: Johnston, RI
- Family Resource Specialist who is a parent of a child with an autism spectrum disorder or related developmental disability.
- Bachelor of Arts preferred.
- Bi-lingualrequired (English / Spanish).
- Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends. Majority of hours are expected to be worked at main location in community or at The Autism Project or related school and community sites.
- Family Support Specialist will be responsible for working with the Manager of Family Support in all activities aligned with family support, outreach and education.
- Support parents and care givers with accurate information regarding available services, programming, and support in the state to empower them in their parenting skills and advocacy for their child with an ASD or related DD.
- Answer parent phone calls and emails received at the office.
- Meet with parents and care givers to provide support, assist with navigating key resources (Medicaid, etc.)
- Develop and maintain new resources for reference and report them to Manager for dissemination.
- Identify organizations to participate in training and support for the Project IDENTIFY goals.
- Coordinate participation in area outreach opportunities including Resource Fairs, community activities and the annual Imagine Walk.
- Attend area community meetings including HEZ Projects, Thrive by Five, Early Intervention to connect with area family members and professionals working with at-risk families