- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Fire Inspector Job
Job Number: RIH15595
Job Title: Fire Inspector
Department: Electricians - 1014421
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- At least two years fire fighting experience such as obtained in primary employment as firefighter in state or municipal fire department, plus at least two years as fire prevention inspector.
- Associates degree Fire Science required.
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association, municipal and state codes.
- Analytical skills to asses hospital compliance to related fire ordinances and laws, to determine causes for alarms and to inspect for operational integrity of fire fighting protection equipment.
- Organizational skills to prepare and maintain detailed records and reports of inspections maintenance activities and response to and resolutions of alarms, etc.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to effectively use software applications and personal computers. Interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of personnel within and outside hospital and to effectively assist with group instruction.
- Maintains appropriate Electrician Certificate AF (fire alarm contractor’s license) or Certificate BF (fire Alarm installer’s license) from the RI Department of Labor for alarm panel access.
- Under general supervision of Plumber/Steamfitter Supervisor and according to established policies and procedures, inspects Hospital facilities and equipment to detect fire hazards, non-compliance to established fire safety codes and other conditions which affect Hospital’s ability to effectively prevent or respond to fire conditions.
- Performs regular inspections and tests of fire prevention and protection devices.
- Responds to fire alarms and reports of smoke and gas odors, taking appropriate corrective action to resolve situation.
- Conducts for drills and instructs employees in proper fire safety procedures.
- Prepares and maintains related records and reports.