- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Interpreter Intern - Spanish Job
Job Number: RIH16042
Job Title: Interpreter Intern - Spanish
Department: Interpreter Services - 1013119
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- Associate Degree in related area related to Human Services (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, etc.) or its equivalent level of experience.
- Fluency and proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Able to accurately interpret and translate verbal and written communication by end of training program.
- Must have Medical Interpreter Training Program Certificate.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Requires proficiency in Medical Terminology in English and Spanish in order to interpret and translate accurately.
- Requires interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with medical providers treating patients and their families in situations that may be difficult and highly emotional for both parties.
- Requires the knowledge, sensitivity, and ability to bridge ethnic values, cultural beliefs and behaviors with American Medical Practices.
- Responsible to ensure that a language barrier does not prevent the provision of Quality Medical Care.
The Medical Interpreter Intern reports to the Manager Interpreter Services & Information Desk or designee. Under direct supervision and within established policies and procedures, the Medical Interpreter Intern after an established period of observation provides both oral and written foreign language interpretation services to non-English speaking patients and employees. Explains hospital policies and procedures and provides assistance to patients who have limited English proficiency. This position serves as a temporary opportunity for Medical Interpreter Intern to receive medical interpreter exposure in a hospital work environment.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, veteran status or national origin. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.