- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Investigational Pharmacist - Oncology Job
Job Number: RIH18422
Job Title: Investigational Pharmacist - Oncology
Department: Pharmacy - 1013091
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
Under general supervision of a Pharmacy Supervisor or Pharmacist-in-charge, is responsible for the interpretation, evaluation, preparation and dispensing of medications pursuant to a legitimate order or prescription in keeping with established policies, procedures, and standards of practice and scope of pharmacy services of the respective affiliate. Collaborates with multidisciplinary care providers to monitor, assess, and intervene as needed to ensure safe, appropriate and cost-effective medication use, with consideration of the aging processes and human developmental stages (neonate, child, adolescent, adult, geriatric). Oversees and closely reviews the work of pharmacy technicians and ancillary support personnel.
• Bachelor of Science in pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
• Maintains current unrestricted licensure as a licensed pharmacist in the State of Rhode Island.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonate, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
• Two to three years progressively more responsible related experience, preferably gained in a similarly diverse and operationally complex health care environment is desired.
• Knowledge of pharmacy information systems, automated dispensing technology and personal computers. Occasional travel between facilities or sites as required.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.