- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Lead Pharmacy Technician Job
Job Number: RIH15981
Job Title: Lead Pharmacy Tech
Department: Pharmacy - 1013091
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
· High school graduate or equivalence degree with completion of one to two years of college.
· Successful completion (minimum grade = B) of a high school or college level course in algebra.
· Successful completion of the Rhode Island Hospital or The Miriam Hospital Pharmacy Technician Training Program
· Successful completion of national pharmacy technician certification (CPhT).
· Maintains current national pharmacy technician certification.
· Maintains current unrestricted licensure as a pharmacy technician in the State of Rhode Island.
· Two to three years progressively more responsible work experience as a pharmacy technician or technician specialist preferably at the Rhode Island Hospital or The Miriam Hospital Pharmacy
· Consideration may be given to candidates lacking experience as a pharmacy technician where applicant possesses sufficient educational or experiential background in business, financial management, information systems or related field.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possesses knowledge of pharmacy information systems, electronic drug dispensing technology.
· Assists in workflow direction of Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Technician Specialists and support staff. Performs personnel evaluations, participates in recruitment activities, scheduling and corrective action, etc.
· Possesses basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Under supervision of Pharmacy Supervisor or Pharmacist-in-charge, coordinates activities and functions of pharmacy technicians, students and support personnel in assigned areas of the department. Orients, trains, assigns work, maintains work schedules and evaluates performance of subordinate staff in keeping with established policies, procedures, standards of practiceand scope of pharmacy services of the respective affiliate. All essential functions performed in this position are in consideration of the aging processes and human developmental stages (neonate, child, adolescent, adult, geriatric). Regularly performs duties of other pharmacy technician job categories and other duties as assigned.