- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Lifeguard - Summer Camp Job
Job Number: GRA18601
Job Title: Lifeguard Summer Camp
Department: Autism Project Summer Camp - 5353572
Facility: RI Autism Project, Inc.
Location: Johnston, RI
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Camp Director, a lifeguard will uphold the rules and the guidelines of the pool to ensure the safest environment for all members.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with one other Life Guard to ensure the safety of every individual at the CAMP WANNAGOAGAIN! both in and around the pool as well as the rest of the facility including the lake front area of Paddle Boats.
• Lifeguard will supervise all waterfront activities.
• Lifeguard able to visibly manage up to 20 youth in the pool or in paddle boats on the lake.
• To enforce regulations pertaining to showers, food and drink, conduct.
• To help in maintaining the premises in a clean and sanitary condition.
• To learn and review all emergency procedures.
• To report 15 minutes prior to scheduled hours in proper uniform (whistle, trunks and Orange Staff Shirt men and one piece suit and provided orange staff shirt for women).
• To secure a substitute lifeguard when unable to fulfill assigned duties and notify supervisor of changes.
• Maintain a clean deck area and changing area
• To maintain all certifications required by the CAMP WANNAGOAGAIN
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Must be 16 years of age or older.
• Must have CPR Certification and Basic First Aid certification.
• In addition to the above requirements, it is expected that a lifeguard will bring to his/her position maturity, responsibility, positive values and sincere interest in working with people.
• Ability to follow Camp Director and staff’s lead in the use of visuals and other augmentative devices to communicate with campers.