- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
MRI Technologist Job
Job Number: RIH11060
Job Title: 24hrs/Nights - MRI Technologist - MRI
Department: MRI - 1013012
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
· Two years formal training in an approved School of Radiological Technology required.
· Registration through the American Registry for Radiological Technologists.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonate, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
· Basic understanding of the operation of computer consoles.
· An in-depth knowledge of the MRI equipment in order to analyze equipment problems and arrange for its repair.
· The interpersonal skills necessary to interface effectively with patients, patient’s families, departmental staff, physicians, and others.
· Six months experience as a Radiologic Technologist in a hospital radiology department plus six months specialized training in the operation of the MRI unit.
Under the general supervision of the Lead MRI Technologist, but according to standard procedures, operates a MRI unit and related equipment in order to produce MR images of any designated anatomical area. Collects and completes records on patient data and equipment operation. Provides assistance to patients and Radiologists. Solves minor equipment problems. Performs calibration tests and other quality control functions on equipment and notifies services personnel as required.