- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Milieu Associate Job
Job Number: EPB16184
Job Title: Milieu Associate/Mental Health Worker
Department: Children'S Inpatient Program - 1202134
Facility: Bradley Hospital
Location: East Providence, RI
- Baccalaureate Degree in a Human Service field is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Six months to one year of direct child care work with emotionally impaired youth.
The Children’s Inpatient Unit cares for children ages 3-12 who suffer from serious emotional and behavioral disturbances, who are in need of short-term stabilization, assessment and treatment for suicidal, aggressive or other unsafe behaviors. Children are treated by a team of professionals, including a child psychiatrist, a clinical social worker, psychologists, nursing staff, and milieu associates.
- As a collaborative team, we work together to look at all areas of a child's development (physical, emotional and social). We actively work to help children be successful in less restrictive environments. We teach children tools to help them resolve conflict in healthier ways and to help them make safer choices.
- Supports and contributes to the development of residential care plans/behavioral management.
- Provides services to children/adolescents.
- Supervises assigned children/adolescents in daily routines and assists with activities of daily living.
- Participates in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.