- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Milieu Associate Job
Job Number: EPB17552
Job Title: Milieu Associate I - OCD Program, Per Diem
Department: Pedi Anxiety Resrch Ctr (PARC) - 1202112
Facility: Bradley Hospital
Location: East Providence, RI
- Baccalaureate Degree in a Human Service field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Current Bradley Hospital Safety Care Certification.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current ERS, OSHA and Safety Certification.
- Bradley Hospital Safety Care Certification: Employees in this position work in a psychiatric setting under stressful conditions associated with care of psychiatrically impaired, aggressive, and sometimes, self-injurious individuals. Employees are expected to utilize de-escalation techniques taught by Bradley Hospital to minimize need for physical intervention. They must have the ability to remain calm during a crisis situation as evidenced by the ability to make quick rational decisions and prioritize immediate patient care needs to maintain a therapeutic environment and ensure safety. Employees in this position must also be able to participate in the physical management of patients which can include, but is not limited to, awareness and demonstration of safe body positioning at all times, awareness and coordination to block and deflect possible aggression, and the ability to physically hold struggling patients, using approved methods only, to maintain safety for extended periods of time. Specifically, such employees must be able to: lift up to fifty pounds; reach with their hands and arms; grasp and hold with their hands; bend/squat/kneel without limitation, and physically escort patients who may become combative for short distances. Position requires occasional running for short distances, and frequent standing, walking, and sitting. Six months to one year of direct child care work with emotionally impaired youth.
Under the direction of Clinical Nurse Manager, Unit Charge RN, and daily monitoring by the MA III, is responsible for the care and safety of assigned children. As a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, assumes primary Milieu Associate I role. Is responsible for input into the formulation of a therapeutic milieu care plan as well as the implementation, observation, and documentation of this program under the direction of a registered nurse. Provides services to children/adolescents.