- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Milieu Associate Job
Job Number: EPB18468
Job Title: Milieu Associate I/Mental Health Worker - CADD Inpatient
Department: CADD Inpatient Unit - 1202130
Facility: Bradley Hospital
Location: East Providence, RI
- Baccalaureate Degree in a Human Service field is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Six months to one year of direct child care work with emotionally impaired youth.
- Behavioral or mental health experience is preferred.
The Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities (CADD) offers unique and highly specialized clinical services for children and adolescents between the ages of 2 and 21 who show signs of serious emotional and behavioral problems in addition to a developmental disability, such as autism, Asperger's or intellectual disability. Our program, located in Rhode Island, is one of only four hospital-based programs in the United States that is affiliated with a medical school (The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University) and that specializes in serving children with both psychiatric disorders and developmental disabilities. Our model of care emphasizes family involvement as well as continuity of care across its various treatment settings. We believe that continuity of care is critical to effective treatment and that it is among the key factors responsible for producing favorable treatment outcomes.Milieu Associate Position Summary:
- Responsible for input into the formulation of a therapeutic milieu treatment plan, and the implementation, observation, and documentation of this program under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Provides a variety of direct care services to psychiatrically/behaviorally/emotionally impaired children/adolescents.
- Supervises assigned children/adolescents in daily routines and assists with activities of daily living.
- Participates in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Supports and contributes to the development of residential care plans/behavioral management.