- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Nurse Practitioner - Pediatric Gastroenterology Job
Job Number: RIH18895
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - Pediatric Gastroenterology
Department: Division of Pedi GI - 1014038
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
The Nurse Practitioner is accountable to facilitate a quality hospital experience and outcome for patients within a cost-effective time frame. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible to the Medical Director of Patient Services and responsible for overseeing the progress of a specific caseload of patients across the care continuum to include pre-admission and post-discharge when feasible. Acts as an educator, consultant, and liaison to healthcare providers caring for the patients across the care continuum.
1. Infusion Center coverage: check patient list and review dx and medications, immunizations, need for FU and renewal of orders, labs and other tests needed/ordered; function as a resource for the infusion nurses and patients (address questions/concerns)
2. Clinical sessions to see new and follow-up patients
3. Consultations for procedures (G-tubes; Impedance probe studies or manometric studies) in the inpatient service
4. Coordinate care/Provide education (inpatient) for IBD patients as part of the IBD Center
5. Help with patient phone triage
• Masters of Science Degree, Graduate of accredited Nurse Practitioner program. Specialty certification required.
• Baccalaureate in Nursing
• Certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
Two years related experience as RN in acute care hospital setting and preferred 1-2 years experience as a nurse practitioner.