- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Outpatient Services Representative Job
Job Number: RIH16034
Job Title: Per Diem Outpatient Service Rep
Department: Patient Access Ambulatory - 1012442
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Demonstrated knowledge of PC skills using the windows operating system environment and accompanying software packages.
Must have knowledge of medical billing routines for physician office practice.
Must also have knowledge of medical terminology, diagnosis codes, and procedure codes.
- Must use and have knowledge of courteous telephone technique and good customer service skills.
Under the general supervision of, but according to established policies and procedures, the incumbent performs various administrative duties to expedite each patient's visit for clinical care. These duties include:
- Preparation of patient records
- Registration and pre-registration activities
- Problem resolution
- Appointment scheduling
- Co-payment preparation and collection.
- Ancillary duties performed provide tracking and status of follow-up care as it pertains to specific diagnostic coding, billing/payment resolution, and generation of system reports, which reflect scheduling activities.