- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Job Number: TMH15174
Job Title: Pharmacist Inpatient Per Diem
Department: Pharmacy - 1103091
Facility: The Miriam Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
· Bachelor of Science in pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
· Licensed pharmacist in the State of Rhode Island within 90 days of hire and annually thereafter.
· Knowledge of pharmacy information systems, automated dispensing technology and personal computers.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonate, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
· Two to three years progressively more responsible related experience, preferably gained in a similarly diverse and operationally complex health care environment is desired.
Under general supervision of a Pharmacy Supervisor or Pharmacist-in-Charge, is responsible for the interpretation, evaluation, preparation and dispensing of medications pursuant to a legitimate order or prescription in keeping with established policies, procedures, and standards of practice and scope of pharmacy services of the respective affiliate. Collaborates with multidisciplinary care providers to monitor, assess, and intervene as needed to ensure safe, appropriate and cost-effective medication use, with consideration of the aging processes and human developmental stages (neonate, child, adolescent, adult, geriatric). Oversees and closely reviews the work of pharmacy technicians and ancillary support personnel.