- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
RN - Critical Care Intern - Adult Job
Job Number: RIH15966
Job Title: Registered Nurse Critical Care Intern Adult
Department: Critical Care Float - 1012184
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- A letter of intent, which includes why you are interested in the critical care internship and which critical care units you are most interested in, and why those units interest you.
- A copy of your transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation. One is preferred from an employer, preferably in a health care related job. The second should be from a clinical instructor, preferably from an advanced medical/surgical or critical care placement.
- The interview process will include group interviews.
- Candidates will be expected to allow 4 hours for interview time.
- A successful candidate in the critical care internship will be self-directed and motivated to learn about critical care.
- The program consists of clinical orientation, classroom education and computer based learning.
- The critical care division includes both stepdown and intensive care units. Applicants will be hired for both settings.
- The program includes a significant investment by the preceptors and the hospital in the development of the intern. Therefore, candidates accepted into the program will be required to agree to a 3 year contractual commitment to Rhode Island Hospital.
The Critical Care Internship Program is designed to prepare candidates in their transition from students to professional critical care nurses. Graduate nurses will work side by side with experienced preceptors who will facilitate their professional growth, education and development. This program combines class lectures with supervised, hands-on clinical experiences within the hospital's critical care units. Interns receive classroom-based and clinical instruction to help them develop the skills they need to care for critically ill patients. Rhode Island Hospital critical care nurse interns qualify for entry-level registered nurse salaries and benefits while receiving on-the-job experience.
We encourage you to take the opportunity to begin your career with the exceptional team at Rhode Island Hospital. We look forward to your successful participation in the program and hope that it will serve as a foundation to meet and exceed your career expectations.
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Manager (or designee) implements, supervises and evaluates the nursing care of each patient using a nursing process and in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. From admission to discharge, plans with consideration of the aging process throughout the life span, including all developmental stages as well as cultural patterns.
Baccalaureate in Nursing preferred.
The program is individualized in length, 36 to 40 hours per week during orientation, with unit specific weekend requirements. The interns will follow their preceptor's schedule and work off-shift as needed. Holidays are not required during the internship. The program is divided into three phases.
Must have current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Rhode Island or in another state that participates in the Nurse Licensure Compact by start date.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.