- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
RN Internship - Orthpedics Surgery-Periop Job
Job Number: RIH12830
Job Title: Periop Internship-Registered Nurse OR - Orthpedics Surgery
Department: Orthopedics Surgery OR - 1013102
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
1. Professional knowledge of clinical nursing to provide nursing care to pre-operative patients under stressful conditions requiring knowledge to sterile techniques, surgical procedures and special precautions and the ability to react to life-threatening situations.
2. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients, physicians and other hospital personnel.
3. Visual and aural acuity to monitor patient progress
4. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
5. Graduation from accredited school of nursing.
6. Must have current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Rhode Island or in another state that participates in the Nurse Licensure Compact.
Requires up to one year combined previous related and on-the-job experience to gain expertise effectively assessing and responding to changes in patient condition and to function as member of surgical team.
Under general supervision of Clinical Manager (or designee), renders professional nursing care according to established procedures for assigned area of Operating Room. Performs duties of scrub nurse or circulating nurse during surgical procedures. Provides intensive nursing care to post-operative patients when assigned to post anesthesia area.