- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
RN - Wound Care Center Job
Job Number: RIH14647
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Wound Center Per Diem
Department: Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center - 1013220
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, Associate’s Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred
· Must have a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Rhode Island or in another state that participates in the Nurse License Compact
· Certified Wound Nurse preferred (American Board of Wound Management certification preferred, Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) preferred or Certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse (CWOCN) preferred.
· CPR certified
Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
· Minimum two years clinical experience in medical surgical nursing or ambulatory or surgical services in a hospital setting.
· Previous high volume clinic experience in an outpatient setting preferred
The Wound Care Nurse is a nurse who is part of the advanced wound care team that provides wound care services to chronic and acute wound care patients. Under the supervision of the Assistant Clinical Manager, Program Manager and the Medical Director, this individual completes specific tasks (which may include measurement, assessments, photographic imaging, prepping, applying and/or removing dressings as ordered by the Physician, and HBO chamber operation). S/he possesses critical thinking skills and communicates his/her observations to the Assistant Clinical Manager or the Physician as needed. This position demands strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task. S/he works within the framework of the State Nurse Practice Act and follows all program and nursing philosophies and standards in the performance of job functions and responsibilities.