- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Radiation Therapist Job
Job Number: RIH14439
Job Title: Radiation Therapist Per Diem
Department: Radiation Oncology - 1013180
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
· Completion of an accredited program in Radiation Therapy Technology and registration through the American Registry for Radiologic Technologists.
· Current and valid license from the Department of Health to practice in the State of Rhode Island.
· Completion and maintenance of BLS Certification.
· Thorough knowledge of the techniques and procedures of radiation therapy.
· Analytical ability to assist in treatment planning and to interpret physician prescription for dose and treatment plan. Numerical ability to perform dose calculations. Technical ability to operate equipment and carry out treatment.
· Ability to position patients and machinery for treatment.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
· Two to three years progressively more responsible related experience, preferably gained in a similarly diverse and operationally complex health care environment is desired.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Therapist – Radiation Oncology, interprets physician’s prescriptions, assists with machine preparation and interprets computerized treatment plans. Prepares patient for treatment, being mindful of the aging process, human development stages and cultural patterns, and administers therapy using sophisticated machinery. Maintains detailed patient records. Responsible for supervision of a particular machine and staff members operating that machine.