- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Research Staff Psychologist Job
Job Number: LPG16922
Job Title: PediMIND Research Staff Psychologist
Department: RES-DANIEL DICKSTEIN - 8057404
Facility: Bradley Hospital
Location: East Providence, RI
• A doctoral level psychologist who meets current Specialty Guidelines for a Clinical Psychologist as set forth by the American Psychological Association (including APA-approved doctoral training program and internship, or equivalent).
• Licensed or license eligible in Rhode Island.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide both research assessments of psychopathology and also clinical care to patients—particularly children and adolescents with mood and anxiety disorders (including: bipolar disorder, depression, suicide, and non-suicidal self-injury).
• At least two years of supervised post-doctoral clinical and/or research child experience relevant to assigned duties, including experience with research and clinical assessment and therapy for children/adolescents with mood/anxiety disorders, suicidality, and/or externalizing disorders.
The goal of the Pediatric Mood, Imaging, & NeuroDevelopment (PediMIND www.pedimind.org) Program of E.P. Bradley Hospital is to identify brain and behavioral mechanisms underlying psychiatric illness in children and young adults. Techniques used include detailed psychopathology symptom assessment, specialized computer tasks/games, MRI neuroimaging, and genetic moderators. We have an ongoing focus on bipolar disorder, suicide & non-suicidal self-injury, and autism/developmental disabilities.
Currently, we are seeking a talented, enthusiastic full-time clinical child psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary team. The position involves a combination of the following activities:
1) Participate in PediMIND Program research activities, including administration of diagnostic assessments, such as the Child Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia (K-SADS).
2) Provide clinical care for children, families, and young adults, some of whom will be participating in ongoing research studies and some of whom will be seen in outpatient care.
3) Supervise research assistants, pre-doctoral interns, and post-doctoral fellows.
4) Become involved with data analysis and dissemination via papers/posters/talks.
Mentorship related to career growth/development will be provided by Daniel Dickstein, M.D. (Director, PediMIND Program) who has an established track record of mentoring junior colleagues and faculty.
Eligible for faculty appointment as an Assistant Professor in the Division of Child and Family Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, of the Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
There is no requirement that this person obtain their own funding.