- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Job Number: RIH15793
Job Title: Secretary C - Vascular Neurology
Department: Stroke Center Neurology - 1012920
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- One year of experience in specializing in correspondence typing, medical terminology and general business procedures. At least six months to one year experience is required including the period of on-the-job training to learn procedures specific to the department.
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma.
- Proficient typing skills are required in order to prepare a variety of materials, some, such as grant proposals and manuscripts, requiring a precise format.
- Good knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling to correct and edit written materials; understanding of medical terminology is most often required.
- A high level of organizational skills to prepare complex schedules and conference arrangements and to maintain departmental files, records and statistical data.
- The ability to perform analysis of numerical data involving the use of mathematical formulas as well as routine tabulations.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel both within and outside of the hospital.
- The ability to operate a variety of office equipment is required.
Under general supervision, provides a variety of secretarial duties such as typing, scheduling appointments for procedures in multiple rooms simultaneously, processing and reconciling billing information. Managing a multiline telephone system. Provides administrative assistance as requested.