- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Job Number: RIH16634
Job Title: Secretary B
Department: Non Invasive Cardiology - 1012913
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
1. Work requires the skills normally acquired through completion of High School education or GED.
2. Up to six months of special training such as a course in correspondence typing and/or medical terminology.
3. Proficient typing skills are required in order to prepare a variety of materials as well as the ability to operate other standard office equipment.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
5. Organizational skills to gather, assemble and maintain department statistics and records, and to arrange supervisor’s calendar.
6. Math skills necessary to prepare statistical reports involving tabulation and summarization of data.
7. Interpersonal skills to exchange factual information with persons both within and outside the hospital.
8. Familiarity with medical or other specialized terminology may be required.
Between six and twelve months experience is required, including that period on-the-job to learn procedures specific to the department.
Under general supervision, collect, review, analyze and summarize clinical data used to measure quality of patient care. Abstract confidential medical information from records. Enter information into computerized database. Prepare and analyze related report and present information for review. Provide a variety of secretarial duties such as typing, scheduling appointments for procedures in multiple rooms, simultaneously. Processes and reconciles billing information. Managing a multi-line telephone system.