- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Sterile Reprocessing Technician Job
Job Number: RIH17318
Job Title: Sterile Reprocessing Technician - PD
Department: Surgery Center at Wayland - 1012213
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
• High School Graduate or equivalent with the ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
• Must have Sterile Processing Certification or Obtain the certification within 6 months of hire.
• One year experience minimum
• Ability to operate a personal computer is required to access and input information to prepare and maintain records.
• Ability to identify a wide variety of surgical instruments and equipment in order to select appropriate items for case carts and instrument sets, etc.
• Ability to operate automatic washers and sterilization equipment according to equipment operating instructions.
• Organizational and numerical ability to receive, count and store materials and to prepare and maintain case carts, etc.
At least one year previous related work experience demonstrating familiarity with surgical instrumentation, decontamination and sterilization techniques and stock room functions. Such experience may have been obtained by performing related duties in central services, surgical reprocessing or surgical stock room.
The Sterile Processing Technician reports to the Clinical Manager. Under direct supervision, performs duties to reprocess surgical instruments and equipment according to established decontaminating, cleaning and sterilization procedures. Prepares, stocks and distributes case carts for use in operating rooms. Receives, verifies, stores and maintains inventories of materials, supplies and equipment utilized in the operating room. Prepares and maintains related manual and computerized records.