- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Strategic Sourcing Category Manager Job
Job Number: RIH15624
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
Department: Purchasing - 1014950
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- 4+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing with a record of demonstrated results
- Past success engaging and leading physicians or senior management in high level initiatives
- Excellent business acumen, analytical capability and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to drive supplier performance
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Must be able to perform complex analyses of available data to identify areas of opportunity or risk
- Strong skillset in leading and implementing changes
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
The Program Manager, Strategic Sourcing maximizes savings, improves utilization, and is responsible for the overall success of the assigned category. Conducts deep spend analysis, develops sourcing strategies, engages key stakeholders, executes sourcing, and contract, while managing performance of key suppliers.
- Develops and drives a comprehensive category strategy based on in-depth spend analysis and engagement of internal stakeholders.
- Obtains consensus from key stakeholders to create and execute sourcing strategies, to maximize savings and improve utilization.
- Improves performance of key suppliers in regards to cost, utilization, EDI transaction, fill rates, compliance, and services provided.
- Engages key suppliers to provide best services, best pricing, and solutions to Lifespan to improve utilization and reduce cost.
- Leads cross functional teams on initiatives / projects that are aligned with strategic sourcing goals.
- Oversees implementation of system-wide projects, product conversions, trials, and introduction of new products.
- Produces financial results by reducing and standardizing product cost.
- Minimizes off-contracted spend and improves contract compliance with key suppliers.