- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Administrative Coordinator Job
Job Number: RIH14659
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Patient and Family Centered Care
Department: Zero Harm Parent Consu - 1016201
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two to three years’ of progressively more responsible administrative skills to acquire experience-based knowledge of support functions, ability to effectively coordinate an efficient workflow, and a high level of organizational skills. Supervisory experience in a medical academic environment preferred.
• Assists in supporting programs and policies that directly impact Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC) principles throughout the organization.
• Serves as co-chair of Hasbro Children’s Hospital Family Advisory Council.
• Conducts PFCC Rounds on all inpatient units.
• Provides initial consultation and orientation for specific pediatric patients and their families.
• Provides support in assisting families in coping with the stress of treatment and care.
• Educates patients and parents regarding their role on the health care team and provides insight on helping the patient and family function.
• Functions as a patient and family advocate on the treatment team.
• Promotes communication between hospital staff, patients and families.
• Acts as a liaison and consultant for hospital staff, presenting evaluation of needs as obtained through patient and family interactions, to assist treatment team in overall treatment plan in inpatient and ambulatory patient clinics as appropriate.
• Provides education and consultation within the hospital and community regarding needs and stresses of dealing with hospitalized children.
• Assists with the design, implementation and evaluation of PFCC services that enhance the experience of patients and families.
• Makes appropriate referrals to affiliated departments for evaluation and support.
• Attends meetings of assigned Hospital Committees, Hospital Sub-Committees, and/or Task Forces to represent patient and parent perspectives.
• Participates in ongoing quality assurance activities with focus on quality/safety surveys.
• Serves as Family Advisor, representing and providing patient and family perspective on Safety and Quality teams across HCH, providing family perspective input on Safety and Quality initiatives.