- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Dialysis Training Program Job
Job Number: RIH11466
Job Title: Dialysis Training Program
Department: Outpatient Dialysis Center - 1012550
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- Baccalaureate in Nursing required
- Must have a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Rhode Island or in another state that participates in the Nurse Licensure Compact. Must have a minimum of 2 years nursing experience Certified Nephrology Nursing Certification preferred.
- Strong technical and critical thinking skills necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Preferred experience in dialysis, focus of renal and hematological systems, such as managing fluid and electrolyte balances, hemodynamics such as anemia management, iron management, bone disease management and being able to differentiate renal lab values from normal lab values.
- Ability to build rapport with patients.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Manager (or designee); Coordinate total nursing care for Acute and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients on chronic dialysis. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate, in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Provide leadership for the healthcare team by working cooperatively with the other renal team personnel in maintaining a standard of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. From admission to discharge plan with consideration of the aging process throughout the life span, including all developmental stages as well as cultural patterns.