- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Dietary Computer Clerk Job
Job Number: RIH16640
Job Title: Dietary Computer Clerk
Department: Food & Nutrition Patient Care - 1014302
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
1. Must be able to read, write, and speak English clearly.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and in person in a tactful manner.
3. Must have a basic knowledge of therapeutic diets in order to modify patient menus and to do data entry for modified diets.
4. Must be able to perform accurate data entry.
5. A level of knowledge generally obtained through high school.
Two to Three weeks of on-the-job training in order to be familiar with job duties, therapeutic diets and work procedures.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Clinical Nutrition, a Clinical Dietitian or a Dietetic Technician coordinates the operation of the diet office according to established policies and procedures. Facilitates communication between Nursing, Nutrition, Hospitality Associates, or Unit Assistants, and the Department of Food and Nutrition Services. Enters patient dietary data into the computer system. Processes menus, nourishment orders and tallies for distribution to the Production area.