- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Dietetic Technician Job
Job Number: RIH16032
Job Title: Per Diem Dietetic Technician
Department: Food & Nutrition Patient Care - 1014302
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree granted by a US regionally accredited college/university, or foreign equivalent, and completion of a ACEND Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- Thorough understanding of the scientific basis of nutrition and dietetics, application of principles of nutrition to human physiology and disease states, and a foundation of evidence based practice. A thorough knowledge of the nutritional values of food and food groups.
- Analytical ability to identify overt and potential nutritional problems. The ability to develop nutritional care plans for review by the Clinical Dietitian.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to work effectively with patients, families and hospital personnel in communicating nutrition care plans, etc. Supervisory skills to provide direction in the collection of menus.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide nutritional care to patients based on age specific competencies and patient's cultural, religious, or ethnic and nutrition preferences.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work within the food service system. Demonstrated computer competency in Microsoft Office.
- Under the general supervision of a Senior Dietitian, Clinical Dietitian, or Lead Dietetic Technician supports the Clinical Dietitians by collecting information, reporting observations, and communicating with the patient/client, family, or caregiver.
- Obtains nutrition/weight histories, food allergies and preferences, adjusts meal selections for food preferences and diets, monitors menu selections and makes adjustments for compliance with prescribed diets.
- Conducts meal rounds to monitor food consumption and customer satisfaction, and provides education and guidance on food choices and meal planning.
- Reports observations to the Clinical Dietitian to assist in documenting response to the nutrition care plan and to assist in adjusting the nutrition care plan to meet patient/client goals and achieve desired outcomes.
- Implements and monitors nutrition interventions as assigned by the Clinical Dietitian.