- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Infection Preventionist Job
Job Number: RIH17760
Job Title: Infection Preventionist
Department: Epidemiology - 1012284
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
• Bachelors Degree in medical technology, nursing or related field. Evidence of graduate level courses in microbiology or epidemiology preferred.
• Incumbent must be certified as Infection Control Professional or meet eligibility requirements for such certification.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the care provided in the tertiary, acute-care hospital to patients throughout the continuum of life with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
• Demonstrated skills with personal computers and software to include database management, spreadsheets, word processing and graphics applications.
• Demonstrated skill with both verbal and written communication.
Three years experience in hospital epidemiology/infection control.
Under the supervision of the Director, Epidemiology and Infection Control, and the Medical Director, Epidemiology and Infection Control, is responsible for investigating nosocomial infections through the use of advanced surveillance techniques. Develops and implements policies and procedures related to epidemiology, infection control and infectious diseases. Responsible for investigating nosocomial infections through the use of standard epidemiologic methods and able to function independently.