- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Interpreter - Spanish Job
Job Number: RIH16570
Job Title: Interpreter-Spanish
Department: Interpreter Services - 1013119
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
- Minimum of one to two years’ of formal Medical Interpreting.
- Must have Medical Interpreter Training Program Certificate.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Associate Degree in any area related to science or human services or its equivalent level of experience.
- Fluency and proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Able to accurately interpret and translate verbal and written.
- Requires proficiency in Medical Terminology in English and Spanish in order to interpret and translate accurately.
- Requires interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with medical providers treating patients and their families in situations that may be difficult and highly emotional for both parties.
- Requires the ability to interview, assess and train student interpreters and, when needed, to act as a liaison for RIH for educational purposes in schools and other community agencies/institutions (i.e.: Brown University Interpreter Aide Program).
- Provides support to student interpreters.
- Requires the knowledge, sensitivity, and ability to bridge ethnic values, cultural beliefs and behaviors with American Medical Practices.
- Responsible to ensure that a language barrier does not prevent the provision of Quality Medical Care.
Under general supervision of the Manager Interpreter Services & Information Desk or designee, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the Medical Interpreter provides both oral and written foreign language interpretation services to Spanish speaking patients and employees. Explains hospital policies and procedures and provides assistance to patients who have limited English proficiency. All essential functions performed in this position reflect the age specific needs of the patients.