- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Milieu Associate Job
Job Number: EPB12969
Job Title: Milieu Associate
Department: Children'S Inpatient Program - 1202134
Facility: Bradley Hospital
Location: East Providence, RI
- Must have a Baccalaureate (Bachelor's) Degree in a Human Service field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Six months to one year of direct care work with emotionally impaired youth.
MUST be flexible to work a variety of shifts including 1st, 2nd and an occasional overnight to assist with coverage. Shifts will include 7:00am-3:30pm, 1:00pm-9:00pm, 2:45pm-11:15pm, and 11:00pm-7:00am.
Children's Inpatient Unit-Specific Information:
- The Children's Inpatient unit cares for Children ages 3-12 who suffer from serious emotional and behavioral disturbances, who are in need of short-term stabilization, assessment and treatment for suicidal, aggressive or other unsafe behaviors.
- Children are treated by a team of professionals, including a child psychiatrist, a clinical social worker, psychologists, nursing staff, andmilieu therapists.
- As a collaborative team, we work together to look at all areas of a child's development (physical, emotional and social). We actively work to help children be successful in less restrictive environments. We teach children tools to help them resolve conflict in healthier ways and to help them make safer choices.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager and Milieu Supervisor, Milieu Associates will be responsible for the care and safety of assigned children.
- As a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team, will assume primary milieu therapist role.
- Responsible for input into the formulation of a therapeutic milieu treatment plan, and the implementation, observation, and documentation of this program under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager.