- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Program Liaison Job
Job Number: TMH15123
Job Title: Program Liaison
Department: Bariatric Surgery Center - 1104216
Facility: The Miriam Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
Microsoft Office required. Proficient typing skills are required in order to prepare a variety of materials. Good knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling to correct and edit written materials; understanding of medical terminology is most often required. Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel both within and outside of the hospital. The ability to operate a variety of office equipment is required
1. Self-directed and able to organize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
2. Ability to promote programs and services to community.
3. Understanding of referral processes to expedite patient care.
4. Proficient in review and navigation of electronic medical health records and other patient care information.
5. Excellent customer service skills.
6. Demonstrated skills in verbal, written and electronic communication.
7. Ability to work with a variety of health-related computer systems.
8. Ability to work within a team of multidisciplinary care providers.
Ensures patient safety in the performance of job functions and through participation in hospital department or unit patient safety initiatives by:
1. Takes action to correct observed risks to patient safety.
2. Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate management authority.
3. Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and communicates the same to those in charge.
EXPERIENCE:High school graduate or equivalent. One to 3 years of experience in specializing in correspondence typing, medical terminology and/or general business procedures.
Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
Under the general supervision of the Center for Bariatric Surgery (CBS) and Minimally Invasive Urology Institute (MIUI) Program Managers, provides support to the CBS and MIUI through interdisciplinary collaboration to achieve optimal patient outcome. Manages the CBS and MIUI hotlines, coordinates patient referral, referral data, community physician referrals, and resources into a seamless model of access and care. Acts as a liaison between patients, bariatric and urologic surgery clinical offices, dieticians and other Lifespan entities for all aspects of the CBS and MIUI Programs. Interacts with all customers (patients, physicians) in a courteous, helpful and compassionate manner.