- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
RN - Dialysis Outpatient Job
Job Number: RIH15215
Job Title: Registered Nurse Dialysis Outpatient
Department: Outpatient Dialysis Center - 1012550
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
· Baccalaureate in Nursing preferred. Certified Nephrology Nursing Certification preferred.
· Must have current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Rhode Island or in another state that participates in the Nurse Licensure Compact.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
· Must have a minimum of 12 months of nursing experience, and an additional 3 months of specialized dialysis experience providing clinical nursing care to dialysis patients, in either a chronic or acute setting.
· Experience must include dialysis focus of renal and hematological systems, such as managing fluid and electrolyte balances, hemodynamics such as anemia management, iron management, bone disease management and being able to differentiate renal lab values from normal lab values.
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Manager (or designee), coordinates the total nursing care for End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients on chronic, dialysis by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating and in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Provides leadership for the healthcare team by working cooperatively with the other renal team personnel in maintaining a standard of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. From admission to discharge plan with consideration of the aging process throughout the life span, including all developmental stages as well as cultural patterns.