- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Senior Network Engineer Job
Job Number: LCS18582
Job Title: Sr Network Engineer
Department: Network Services RI - 0014902
Facility: Corporate Headquarters
Location: Providence, RI
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, IS, or related field preferred. Current certification in Cisco (CCNA, CCNP) and other relevant technologies a plus. Must have solid understanding of IP, LAN\WAN technologies and protocols, switching and routing, wireless, security, firewall and VPN configurations. A combination of network related certification and experience may substitute for a degree.
Six years increasingly responsible related work experience in network systems analysis/design, and related engineering experience in a similar complex enterprise environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Duties are performed in a typical office environment, requiring extended periods of sitting, walking, and/or standing. It may also require lifting and moving equipment up to 50 lbs.
Employee functions independently within department policies and practices; generally refers specific problems to management only where clarification of departmental policies may be required.
Under the direction of the Manager of Network Engineering and general supervision of senior staff, the incumbent is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, and operational management of the enterprise network infrastructure and network systems within Lifespan. This position requires enterprise level design and expert level knowledge of Lifespan’s network infrastructure. The incumbent provides project support and technical guidance for assigned network infrastructure projects. The incumbent is expected to take a technical project lead role in assigned network infrastructure projects. The incumbent will also provide operational support and acts as a technical escalation point for the network infrastructure. This position is a senior engineering role and will be actively involved in the development, control, and support of Lifespan’s network communications infrastructure and network systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consistently applies the corporate values of respect, honesty and fairness and the constant pursuit of excellence in improving the health status of the people of the region through the provision of customer-friendly, geographically accessible and high-value services within the environment of a comprehensive integrated academic health system. Is responsible for knowing and acting in accordance with the principles of the Lifespan Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
* Design and engineer of the enterprise network infrastructure. Build and configure enterprise network systems and infrastructure. Applies design & configuration standards and best practices. Assess existing and new technologies. Recommend enhancements and improvements. Recommend and document standards. Participates in building programs, processes and procedures.
* Provide engineering support for projects from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and operational phase. Perform in a technical project lead capacity for assigned projects. Build and identify project tasks and timelines. Identify resources and collaborate with staff on assigned projects. Meet established schedules and timelines. Ensure implemented solution meets project deliverables and adheres to defined standards and best practices.
* Provides operational support for the enterprise network infrastructure and related technologies. Performs proactive management and monitoring of the network infrastructure and network systems. Produce and maintain infrastructure support documentation.
* Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance to ensure systems are operating at optimal levels and running on the latest stable code. Conducts routine capacity planning and identifies recommendations on network infrastructure and network systems. Collaborate with staff and identify resources, coordinate schedules, resources and participates in maintenance and refresh of hardware and technologies.
* Create and maintain network documentation, standards, diagrams, support, and project documentation. Maintain hardware inventories of equipment and assets. Build knowledge and technical skill with supported systems.
* Provides off- hours on call coverage. Ability to travel to Lifespan locations required.
* Mentors junior staff and provides training to staff members of the team.
Performs other duties as assigned.