- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Surgical Technician - Inpatient OR Job
Job Number: RIH13607
Job Title: 40hrsEvenings - Surgical Technician - Inpatient OR
Department: Inpatient Operating Room - 1013121
Facility: Rhode Island Hospital
Location: Providence, RI
1. Associates degree from a 2 year accredited surgical technician program required.
2. Knowledge of various surgical procedures in order to assist and anticipate physician needs.
3. Knowledge of various surgical equipment and aseptic techniques; ability to operate sterilization equipment.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
Nine to twelve months experience with increasing responsibility preferred in order to be familiar with all surgical procedures performed.
Under the close supervision of a professional nurse and/or physician, perform a variety of duties in the operating room to assist the surgical team, such as scrubbing on all types of surgical procedures, lifting and positioning patients, cleaning instruments, restocking supplies, etc.