- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Administrative & Clerical Jobs
- Advanced Practice Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Behavioral Health Jobs
- Case Management & Social Work Jobs
- Facilities & Engineering Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Non-Clinical Professional Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Rehab Services Jobs
- Science & Research Jobs
Technical Writer-Knowledge Analyst Job
Job Number: LCS15545
Job Title: Technical Writer/Knowledge Analyst
Department: Planning & Architecture - 0014925
Facility: Corporate Headquarters
Location: Providence, RI
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred. A combination of data communication related technical training and a minimum of three years’ network systems analysis work experience may substitute for a degree.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of increasingly responsible experience in technical support of network/client server operating systems and network hardware required. Experience must include extensive knowledge of Microsoft operating systems TCPIP and Ethernet protocols, Cisco switching principles, ad LAN/WAN topologies. Must possess excellent communication skills. Ability to speak Spanish a plus
The ITSM Network Analyst will have diverse responsibilities in supporting IS knowledge related to the IT Service Management function. This role ensures that the IT organization can gather, analyze, store and share knowledge and information. Their primary goal is to improve efficiency by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge.
- Works with cross functional teams that contribute to the consistent documentation of processes, standards, and methodologies, their adoption and governance.
- Maintain IS documentation including the categorization and periodic updating and maintenance of IS documentation
- Assists with adherence to Lifespan IT policies, standards, processes, and procedures for all ITIL Service Management processes. Understand and document workflows across multiple processes
- Participates in ensuring analyses of data, establishment of new governance metrics, KPIs, and additional reporting
- Interpret metrics and participate in the development of appropriate actionable plans for the definition of a new and/or improvement of an existing ITIL process. This will include detailed tactical steps to drive the changes desired with clearly defined success criteria
Must possess good technical writing and documentation skills. Familiarity with IT infrastructure technologies including Windows, VMware, and Cisco networking is needed. Experience with ITSM tools such as Service Manager, Service Now and SolarWinds are preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Visio and Project is required.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in information technology and ITIL certification preferred. A combination of related technical training and a minimum of three years’ network systems analysis work experience may substitute for a degree.